Friday, April 17, 2015

Banana Bread Recipe and Banana nut Cookie recipe

Recently one of our local stores sold to another chain and for some reason they did not want to use each others products so a lot of them were given away. But some of it was just sold cheap. They had 5 pound bags of bananas for almost nothing at the time I bought them they were not even overripe. But of course like the way of all good bananas they became really ripe, really fast. I dug out my Mother-in-laws recipe for banana bread and another for cookies and I turn that big sack of ripe bananas into all the cookies and bread I could eat for a long while. I gave some to the neighbors and then the rest went into the freezer. I do this whenever I can if I find a real buy on something then I buy that make it into something yummy and stick it in the freezer.  Tonight when I went to the store to buy a little more stuff to make the banana bread and cookies they had those pork loins very lean and so good.  They were 2 to 2.5 pounds each. So I bought like three of them they ran about $4.00 each and I brought them home and while I was baking I stuck those in the crock pot. Now I have around 6 pounds of pulled pork. The little pork loins are lean and boneless so they make perfect pulled pork.  Since I never eat more than a 1/4 pound of meat this will last me a long time. It saves money cooking time and cleanup. Icook a whole bunch at one time and then forget about cooking for quite some time. 

Banana Bread Recipe

INGREDIENTS

101 loaf


Banana Nut Cookie Recipe 

  • 12cup butter
  • 1cup sugar
  • 2eggs, beaten
  • 4bananas, finely crushed
  • 12cups flour
  • 1teaspoon baking soda
  • 12teaspoon salt
  • 1teaspoon vanilla
  • Directions
  • DIRECTIONS

    1. Cream together butter and sugar.
    2. Add eggs and crushed bananas.
    3. Combine well.
    4. Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
    5. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
    6. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
    7. Keeps well, refrigerated.

  • Banana Nut Cookies


  • Original recipe makes 3 dozen  Servings

    Directions

    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    2. Cream butter or margarine with mixer. Blend in whole eggs, sugar, and extract. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. When the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, add oats and pecans. Mix on lower speed until consistent.
    3. Drop pieces of the dough using an ice cream scoop onto an ungreased cookie tray roughly 3 to 4 inches apart.
    4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Eight minutes would yield crispy cookies with a chewy, slightly doughy center. For harder, crispier cookies, bake longer. Cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment